Template:Debate Guide:Other arguments
- Child abuse industry - Child sexual abuse has an "industrial complex" all of its own.
- The professional victim - The sexual abuse discourse perpetuates itself via well-meaning victims.
- The hypocritical establishment - Why concerns about child abuse may be disingenuous.
- Sexual repression as a tool of the state - It is in the interest of authoritarian states to persecute sexuality.
- Abuse of language - Language is misused and redefined to suit nefarious purposes.
- Blame game - How societies and individuals look for easy scapegoats.
- Short arguments - A large number of smaller argumens for use in debates.
- Against: All good parents would know - Some wrongly argue that only parents are qualified to make judgements.
- Against: Recidivism is highest among child sex offenders - Demonstrably false.
- Against: Your arguments must be self-serving - This emotional, accusative and fallacious argument is irrelevant.
- Against: Porn is the theory, rape is its practise - Child pornography is sometimes seen as inductive to sexual abuse. There is no foundation for this belief.
From the encyclopedia...