Template:Debate Guide:Arguments about children and minors
Sex, children and minors are not incompatible...
- Evolutionary logic - Why CSA makes no sense in evolutionary terms.
- Cyclical paternalism - Protecting children brings about the need to protect them more.
- Prior experience - There is only one true way of gaining sexual experience.
- Against: Cognitive ability = consent - Some argue that true informed consent to voluntary sexual activity is a "special case".
- Against: Childhood innocence - Childhood innocence is not a state of asexuality that can be "stolen".
Sexually repressing children and minors does not benefit them...
- Sexual neglect - Neglect of a child's sexuality may be abusive.
- Reverse sexualisation - Popular acknowledgement of sexuality in nude photography is revealing.
- Liberty-empowerment - Empowering young people will benefit them.
- Turn of events - How the reporting and prosecution of sex can change the perspective of a youth.
- Against: Online dangers - The internet is generally not a dangerous place for minors.
Child advocacy is often illogical...
- Against: The kids do not want it - Disputes the claim that minors' general apathy in calling for reform counts as an argument against.
- Against: Teen brain - Teen brain speculating (inferiority) is value laden, pseudoscientific propaganda.
From the encyclopedia...
- Youth are sexually persecuted through the legal system
- So-called child pornography and it's effects on minors.