I hope you don't mind but rather than a redirect, I just posted the link up there since talk pages are for communication and all that. Anywho, I happened across an interesting comic but I am not really sure what to do with it. Any idea what section would be good on this wiki for it? I uploaded it here (english translation). Seems like provoking commentary on modern censorship. Ty 10:17, 15 August 2011 (UTC)
- Hi, Tyciol, Since when are you on the administration? What has been going on there without my knowledge lately?
- Anyhoo, the reason I placed those essays on the "talk" pages is because nobody on the administration took the time, despite my requests, to e-mail me and teach me how to use the tools of the Wiki properly, including how to start new pages, to tag the pages with the appropriate category, etc. Hence, I had to improvise and learn the entire thing almost completely on my own. If you know how to work the tools, including doing the above two things, and have the time to give me the run-through on them, I would appreciate it.
- In the meantime, since I do not currently know how to tag essays into categories, I will list the other essays I put up that are not currently on the list for the Category:Essays page, so that maybe you can tag them and get a link to each of them up there yourself until I learn how to do it:
- Essay: A Startling Revelation About the Celebrity Known as Jewel
- That's all I could find for now. Thank you for making this intervention, it's both welcome and appreciated. I will get back to you with my opinion on the comic strip you sent me a link to ASAP, so I have a bit of time to look it over. --Dissident 21:29, 17 August 2011
I dunno, someone made me a mod some day, I forget why. Trust well placed since I am the epitome of technicalness, NPOV, organization and anti-vandalism in spite of whatever wikipedia arbcoms say. Technically it`s not the place of arbcoms to teach to use the software, in spite of the problems I have with their staff, editing wikipedia is probably a good way to get familiar with the MediaWiki software. They have a lot of guides written on stuff. I pretty much picked it up as I go along. Thanks for posting the links (I wikified them) and I`ll go and tag them later, my comp`s in the process of crashing (see the backwards apotrophes and my inability to use a question markÉ) but should be able to do it later. Ty 08:23, 27 August 2011 (UTC)
I'm now tagging them with the category as requested. Also, to set them apart since you have done so many, would you like there to be a Category:Dissident essays as a subcategory to put them in instead? I'm thinking this might be good for grouping multiple essays that share a single author for aiding navigation. Ty 20:15, 28 August 2011 (UTC)
Why is it that you keep writing over your talk page? You seem to be able to create new pages for the essays, please try to do that from the start. Deleting talk page content (unless you're making an archive) is against most wiki rules. Also remember to add Category:Essays when you create the new documents. You haven't responded to the proposal of creating sub-categories for the Essay category to organize the essays you have added which share a similar author. You can write back here or click my name and leave a message on my talk. Please make an effort to create more organization. I'll add the C:E for the ones you added recently. Ty 04:52, 19 September 2011 (UTC)
Click this URL then replace TITLE in the bar with whatever it is you want to call your new essay. This should open a blank page for you to paste it in. Then add the category tag at the bottom. Please do not edit previously uploaded essays' redirects to create new ones, this really messes up the organization. For example when I clicked here it seems you edited the 'Jewel' essay previous incarnations to create the 'Critical Look' essay, that's not the correct way to do it. Once an essay is added, please pretend it doesn't exist and create new essay pages from scratch. Ty 04:56, 19 September 2011 (UTC)
I blocked you for 2 hours basically as a warning for the records. Please avoid using the 'move' function in the future. If there is a page you need moved, feel free to ask me and I can do it for you. Upon reviewing your editing history, you have been using the move function inappropriately by creating pages in inappropriate places (like other essays' talk pages) and then moving them to their own articles. This makes organizing things somewhat difficult. Ty 05:11, 19 September 2011 (UTC)
Why you need so many extra blank lines of space between paragraphs in your essays? =/ Ty 14:13, 3 December 2011 (UTC)