User talk:The Admins
Here's a properly named admin account for anonymous editing. // -Jim User:Rez 20:42, 19 January 2009
- Nudge me on private board for p/w. User:Rez 20:44, 19 January 2009
I read your newsletter! tyciol 02:33, 6 September 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for clearing it up, The Admins 14:15, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
"Admins" is plural but Jim is singular... er... anyway so I am a little confused when you mentioned a biography page. Who exactly would you be biographying? tyciol 10:29, 25 January 2010 (UTC)
- You. Your user page is biographic, and would better suit an article format... other articles look a bit amateurish if they refer to notable people (such as yourself, within this context at least) by linking to accounts they have on this site. The Admins 22:17, 1 February 2010 (UTC)
- Oh okay, if you want to change my Tyciol redirect into an article I can't stop you, it would divide what I say about myself (on my userpage) versus a wiki-style information gathering on an article edited by many. I don't feel right creating it though as I don't feel particularly notable, I'll just intercede if I believe there are inaccuracies. I hope you'll allow me that courtesy at least, it's a lot more than ED/CSO/Wikispo/EU/.ch ever did. Ty 05:50, 19 September 2011 (UTC)
European Union? I guess I don't really understand the significance of this, is someone in the process of writing that? Ty 19:10, 8 June 2011 (UTC)
- It's a body that funds NGOs, so is of interest to NewgonWiki. The Admins 01:08, 28 August 2011 (UTC)
About this, if we're going to have quotes, shouldn't we attribute them? Otherwise, anyone could just add a random quote. I could make one up and be all "hymen-breaking cures HIV" and unattributed it might be implied to come from some source we're criticizing. Ty 20:09, 28 August 2011 (UTC)
Hi, haven't seen you active this September, still lurking? Anyway I have been trying to help out User:Dissident by categorizing the essays he has been adding. Unfortunately he seems to be having some trouble creating new pages, I think he's clicking any random red link he sees to open a blank page (such as articles which don't yet have talk pages) and using those to make his essays, and then using the 'move' command to retitle them. This creates a lot of havock in terms of navigation because people will click a talk page for a certain essay, but rather than bringing them to a conversation about a said page or essay as they would expect, it instead redirects to a whole new essay he has written.
He seems to be imbued with Bureaucrat/SysOp powers, I am not entirely sure why based upon the lack of experience in wiki editing that I have observed. I spoke sternly and issued a 2-hr warning ban based on this abuse of the 'move' function prior to realizing these ranks. I am concerned about potential repercussions now. Should I be banned in return or something, I hope you will keep in mind that I did that out of concern for what is best for wiki integrity. Also do you know if Pantheadoros or Jillium will be coming back? First hasn't been on since 09 and 2nd not since March this year. Ty 06:12, 19 September 2011 (UTC)
Any idea when someone fixed the wiki so it would work again? Ty 19:29, 17 May 2013 (UTC)
If you mean the info I added from 2010 to 2011 (after your last 2009 edit) which linked to the new Evil-Unveiled page, I added info based on some critics investigating the site at the time.
The name server data on the E-U article was dated only from 2010 to 2012 though, so it expired by now (I posted it in 2011). I don't know if Wikisposure has renewed with the same host or if they moved on to a new host for their 2013 hosting. TBH I'm not really web-savvy enough to remember how to look up that stuff except to check WhoIs or something.
Since Corrupted-Justice went down, wherever possible I'd like to find Wayback archives of their threads. Dodger and co did a lot of great work criticizing PJ but seems to have backed off for some reason or another. They didn't do much criticism of E-U compared to Wikisposure even though it's the same thing. This leads me to think his beef was more with the fake calls and not with the wiki.
NetworkSolutions is still showing E-U's URL being registered by eNom, Inc. and resold by NAMECHEAP.com. It's a bit confusing and I think they might be masking how they're hosting it via a privacy org (possibly WhoIs itself, dunno).
Ideally if someone more knowledgeable of tech could get more info I'd love to list something more up to date an thorough. Right now these are barely bread crumbs. But I think it's better than nothing. Ty (talk) 20:45, 19 October 2013 (CEST)
I got contacted by someone who wants to become an editor here. It's been years so I actually forgot the process on how to register and stuff. Do you know what sort of instructions I should forward to this person? They left me an e-mail and a web site. Should I send this to you? Ty (talk) 15:50, 6 November 2013 (CET)