The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure
The Pedophile’s Guide to Love and Pleasure: a Child-lover’s Code of Conduct is a controversial book on the topic of pedophilia by Philip R. Greaves II published on November 3, 2010. The book, which presents a sympathetic view of paedophiles and offers its readers advice on how to avoid getting in trouble with the law, was banned by Amazon in 2010. It has little recognition among MAPs (let alone being considered a "definitive guide") and is known mainly for the controversy surrounding it.
The book's US store had previously offered it as a Kindle ebook download for $4.79. Readers threatened to boycott Amazon over its selling of the book, which was described by critics as an instruction manual for child rape. Amazon initially refused to ban the book, saying that the site "believes it is censorship not to sell certain books simply because we or others believe their message is objectionable"  and that the site “supported the right of every individual to make their own purchasing decisions”. However, the site later relented and removed the book. The San Francisco Chronicle wrote that Amazon "defended the book, then removed it, then reinstated it, and then removed it again." 
Christopher Finan, the president of the American Booksellers Association for Free Expression, argued that the book should not have been banned on the grounds that it was neither Child Pornography nor legally obscene, due to the fact that it does not have pictures. On the other hand, Enough Is Enough, a child safety organization, issued a statement saying that the book should be removed and that it "lends the impression that child abuse is normal." 
'The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure' by Phillip R. Greaves II was ordered by the sheriff of Bartow, Florida. Greaves sent an autographed copy. In return, they sent detectives to arrest him for writing it, saying: "THIS BOOK CONTAINS OBSCENE MATERIAL THAT DEPICTS MINORS ENGAGED IN ACTS HARMFUL TO MINORS."
- The author of the controversial e-book ‘The Pedophile’s Guide to Love and Pleasure,’ Phillip R. Greaves II, has been sentenced to two years’ probation in a Florida court. [...] ‘The Pedophile’s Guide’ was self-published by Greaves, whose description of the book in its Amazon listing included misspellings: "This is my attempt to make pedophile situations safer for those juveniles that find themselves involved in them, by establishing certian rules for these adults to follow. I hope to achieve this by appealing to the better nature of pedosexuals, with hope that their doing so will result in less hatred and perhaps liter sentences should they ever be caught."
- Greaves quote: "My purpose is to make these encounters as safe as possible for juveniles finding themselves in these situations"
Table of Contents
- FACTS AND FALLACIES
- TWO TALES OF PEDOPHILIA
- WHAT CAN BE LEARNED
- THE ANIMOSITY OF PARENTS
- THE ROOTS OF PEDOPHILIA
- Arrest warrant to download (includes quotes from book)
- Media interview with Greaves
- Some commentary from BC - Suggests the volume is not a classic.