Template:Debate Guide:Other arguments
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other arguments don't relate fundamentally to attractions, minors or relationships...
- Against: Your arguments must be self-serving - Emotional, accusative and fallacious argument.
- Against: "As a parent" or "as a survivor" - Some wrongly argue that only parents are qualified to make judgments.
- Against: Religious arguments - Misquoting bible verses is an occasional anti-MAP strategy.
- Child abuse industry - Child sexual abuse has an "industrial complex" all of its own.
- The professional victim - The sexual abuse discourse perpetuates itself via well-meaning victims.
- The hypocritical establishment - Why concerns about child abuse may be disingenuous.
- Sexual repression as a tool of the state - It is in the interest of authoritarian states to persecute sexuality.
- Abuse of language - Language is misused and redefined to suit nefarious purposes.
- Blame game - How societies and individuals look for easy scapegoats.
Debate Guide is a work in progress, and some material is undeveloped...
- Short arguments - A large number of smaller arguments for use in debates.
From the encyclopedia...
- Hysterical reactions have many adverse effects
- Self-fulfilling prophecy - Examples from within and outside of the MAP community.
- SOR problems - Registries for sexual offenders are unfair and counteractive.
- Child pornography is much misunderstood, and is most certainly not a multibillion dollar industry (research).