User talk:Citizen 2416
I'll take a look over your contributions and see if anything needs adding to. Reporting back later. Admin. Rez 15:24, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- Some examples:
- Great - I just bolded the key term.
- Spot on.
- Added 3 categories.
- Added 5 categories.
- Gender-neutralised as ex-BoyWiki
- Your edits were very useful. One minor note is that when an article is added to a parent category (e.g. Terminology), it should be added to a subcategory (e.g. Terminology: Childlove), so that the user who explores further loses nothing. If it is absolutely necessary, you should consider adding a new category to the list. I also personally believe that we should be using categories liberally but not nonsensically, especially at the start of this project. It helps create the illusion of a larger encyclopedia. Rez 17:25, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
I saw what you were saying about categories, so I started using them more liberally. A few categories have no subcategories, though, and I'm not sure what they should be yet.
Is the article for Andreas Embiricos too graphic? (It's from BoyWiki.) Here's the more explicit text:
And do you happen to know of any html to wiki converter that works? Something like that could probably save time. I tried one, but it crashed. [Never mind. Those things don't work very well.]
--Citizen 2416 13:27, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
- As I said below, the answer is probably in limiting our endeavours to topics of explicitly political interest, and not moderating the explicitness of content unless this is absolutely necessary in law.
- I am not naturally aware of any such converters, but wiki text formatting is quite easy to learn and includes a user friendly range of buttons in the edit window. I can probably get the range of buttons extended if you like. Rez (The Administrators - anonym) 14:36, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
- http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mediawiki_edit_toolbar I am currently unaware of how to modify the standard range. Rez (The Administrators - anonym) 14:52, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js/edit.js is a custom solution. Rez (The Administrators - anonym) 15:03, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for digging out some more BoyWiki articles. I'm not sure whether boymodeling articles suit our ethos, though. Is there such a large body of work in that area, that it can make up a significant portal on this site? I am aware that BoyWiki intends to reopen when they have the volunteers they need, so these articles are probably not lost.
I do know that there are Girl articles that could balance the emphasis, so we have no problem with gender-neutrality in that sense. I just think that we should limit ourselves to topics of political relevance. Rez (The Administrators - anonym) 14:31, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
I didn't realize this wiki had a different focus from BoyWiki or that BoyWiki was coming back.
The Andreas Embiricos article is not about modelling, although I suppose its political value is not great. If you mean the Lyric stuff, it seemed relevant as "the first child pornography ring" and with the connection to the former FBI director, but I'm working on other things now. If you're uncomfortable with something, delete it.
And I've been trying to find the "GirlWiki," but I've had no luck.
- I have yet to look at all of the articles you created and the overall context. If they have the relevance you mention, they should be kept.