Todd Nickerson (born December 23, 1972) is a MAP and self-declared non-offending American Pedophile who has been a member/moderator of online forums such as GirlChat since the 00s. He has also volunteered as a moderator of the Virtuous Pedophiles peer-support group, and advocates NOMAP type positions. Despite his long history in the community, including public advocacy and podcasting, he is most famous for a series of articles published for Salon.com and the controversy they caused on social media.
In September 2015, Salon published an article written by Todd Nickerson about his experiences with being a non-offending pedophile, titled: "I'm a pedophile, but not a monster." This caused controversy at the time, with some commentators considering it "pro-pedophile" and Nickerson himself subject to a "backlash." This article, along with an accompanying video and a follow-up article, was deleted in February 2017, supposedly to protect Salon from accusations of hypocrisy when covering Milo Yiannopoulos' alleged support for pederasty, although Salon Media Group CEO and Salon acting editor-in-chief Jordan Hoffner told New York magazine it was due to unspecified "new editorial policies." A third article by sex researcher Debra Soh defending Nickerson's side is still published as of April 2022.
Todd Nickerson ran a Twitter account at @ToddNickerson1, which has since been suspended.
- Personal Blog
- Vice: A Pedophile Opens Up About Being Targeted by Vigilantes
- Sun: WOULD YOU TRUST THIS MAN?
- Breitbart: Why Salon’s Virtuous Pedophile Is Not So Virtuous
- I'm a pedophile, but not a monster (Also available here on AlterNet).
- Salon Shouldn't Have Unpublished Its Article by a Pedophile Author
- Self-confessed paedophile Todd Nickerson tells critics: 'You're the real monsters'
- "I'm A Pedophile, Not A Monster" (video)
- I'm a pedophile, you're the monsters: My week inside the vile right-wing hate machine
- The pedophile I could not help: He was not a monster or a molester. The system destroyed him anyway