The Age Taboo
From NewgonWikiJump to navigationJump to search
The Age Taboo: Gay Male Sexuality, Power and Consent is a collection of writings about intergenerational (and especially man-boy) relationships, edited by Daniel Tsang. It was published by Alyson Publications in 1981.
- "Introduction," Daniel Tsang.
- "Loving men," Sylvère Lotringer and Mark Moffett.
- Cultural analyst Sylvère Lotringer interviews 15-year-old Mark Moffett about his relationships with men.
- "Loving boys," Tom Reeves.
- "Men and boys: the Boston conference," Daniel Tsang.
- Tsang reports on the 1978 Boston conference.
- "Children and sex," Youth Liberation.
- "Happy families? Pedophilia examined," Gay Left Collective.
- "Childhood sexuality and pedophilia," Jamie Gough.
- "Whose power? Whose consent?," Eric Presland.
- "Sexual revolution and the liberation of children," Mark Blasius and Kate Millett.
- Mark Blasius questions feminist Kate Millett on the sexual freedom of children.
- "I know what I am: gay teenagers and the law," Joint Council for Gay Teenagers.
- "The case for abolishing age of consent laws," North American Man/Boy Love Association.
- An editorial originally published in NAMBLA News.
- "Sexual politics, the New Right and the sexual fringe," Gayle Rubin.
- "Recipe for a witchhunt," John Mitzel.
- Mitzel reviews the history of America's pedophile witchhunt.
- "'Lesbians Rising' editors speak out," Editors of Lesbians Rising.
- "A militant young dyke’s feminist perspective on the age of consent question," anonymous.
- "Man/boy love and the lesbian/gay movement," Pat Califia.
- Califia opines against the age-of-consent in an abridged version of her article for The Advocate.
- "Man/boy love and the Left," Roger Moody.
- "Confronting ageism," Michael Alhonte.
- An 18-year-old who began having relationships with men at 13 criticizes ageism in both the mainstream and the boylove community.
- "Struggling against racism," Daniel Tsang.
- "Resources: an annotated guide to the literature," Daniel Tsang.