Template:Debate Guide:Arguments about pedophilia/other attractions
Too many people hold conflicting beliefs about pedophilia and other sexuality...
- Against: Pedophiles chose their condition - Like other orientations, pedophilia is not a choice.
- Against: Pedophilia is unnatural - How can an unchosen sexual orientation not be part of nature?
Popular anti-pedophile sentiments and common human flaws go hand in hand...
- Self-loathing hatred - What do violently anti-pedophile sentiments reveal about their beholders?
- Parenthood and pedophilia - Parenthood structures perceptions of the pedophile.
- Against: Only a pedophile would make this argument - Irrelevant and nonsensical.
Pedophilia and human sexuality are mischaracterised and misunderstood...
- The discursive nature of human sexuality - How humans' diverse affective feelings are sometimes categorised as "sexual".
- Against: Cognitive distortions - The justification for this slur against pedophiles is a fallacious, circular argument.
- Against: Sex and violence are as one in the psyche - There is no rational basis for conflating pedophiles' sexual interest with violence or psychopathy.
- Against: Corresponding age attraction - Questions the assumption of a unique "childhood" sexual orientation.