Latest: Dissident Dutch author A.H.J. Dautzenberg alleges serious malpractice on the part of Tim Ballard in his new exclusive: Gruesome Consequences of a Hysterical Witch Hunt, in which mistreatment of his friend Marthijn Uittenbogaard and his partner is also exposed. Both remain incarcerated in Ecuador on trumped-up charges. Legal process has recommenced (see updates).
|Part of NewgonWiki's series on |
|Starting Guide | Community | Pediverse|
MAP | NOMAP | AAM | Neologisms
Origins | Flag | Movement
Political history: MAP & LGBT Alliances
Philias: Ephebo - Hebe - Pedo - Nepio
Gender and attraction: BL - EL - GL
Pederasty/Gay BL | Korephilia/Lesbian GL
Pro-c | Neutral-c | Anti-c
BLogo | GLogo
|Category: Minor-attracted people|
|Template:MAI - This template|
NOMAP (Non-Offending Minor Attracted Person) and ACNOMAP (which specifies Anti-contact) are forks of the term Minor Attracted Person (MAP), used to elaborate that the user is non-offending and/or fundamentally opposed to the idea of minor-adult sex. Those who use these terms are motivated by a sense of obligation to state upfront their refusal to engage in unlawful sex with a minor or use child pornography/other prohibited materials where they are illegal. The term NOMAP is essentially used as a synonym for anti-contact (anti-c), even though research from Bailey (2016) and others such as Jahnke appears to indicate that just as high a proportion of pro-c MAPs are non-offending. Many NOMAPs advocate the use of drawn erotica or sex-dolls, because they feel that using them helps support a non-offending lifestyle. Prostasia Foundation are one charity who have published articles on the topic of dolls and fictional substitute material.
This term is thought to have gained in popularity during 2018 alongside the term MAP, during the social-media enabled MAP Flag controversy. NOMAP attracts media attention across the political spectrum, due to its "entryist" implications.
"NOMAP" has been criticized by some (particularly first-wave and early second-wave) MAP activists and allies, who refuse to accept a burden of proof on their behavior and deem it to have orwellian, medico-legal overtones. Other pro-c MAPs embrace a literalistic interpretation of the term, as part their nonoffending lifestyles.
While the terms "anti-contact" and "NOMAP" clearly mean different things, they have been combined by some anti-contact NOMAPs into a new acronym, ACNOMAP. NOMAP/ACNOMAP ideology (regardless of strategic and ideological disagreements between anti-contact MAPs) tends to focus on a few set themes.
Political: Destigmatization and Accuracy
The predominant theme in social-political ACNOMAP ideology is destigmatization, which is focussed on to the exclusion of other themes embraced by pro-c MAPs and Allies. You can find examples of a destigmatization information scheme on NewgonWiki - for example, in the research sections devoted to pedophilia as an orientation, and "NOMAP" tagged Memes and Graphics. ANU (the first website to repeatedly refer to Minor Attracted People and a predecessor to Newgon) was an early example of a team blog devoted to accuracy and destigmatization. ANU was, albeit, a pre-NOMAP website, and did not exclude pro-c members.
NOMAPs and ACNOMAPs embrace medicalism to varying degrees - that is to say, some ACNOMAPs, particularly those with a pedophilic Age of attraction, believe that they are suffering from a psychological disorder, or have internalized a diagnosis of pedophilic disorder. The medicalism present within anti-contact NOMAP circles has been compared to Transmedicalism, in that dysphoria/dystonic personality features are sometimes seen as necessary to the identity. On the other hand, working towards ego-syntonic self-concept as a MAP may be deprioritized by individuals who perceive themselves as being engaged in an internal struggle, just as much as a social one.
Various terms such as "Mapmed(icalism)" and "Pedmed" have been spontaneously coined to refer to medicalist MAPs, although they have not yet been widely adopted. Virtuous Pedophiles founder, Ethan Edwards argues that his pedophilia can be defined as a disorder and/or orientation, depending upon the context.
There are varying takes on the merits and long-term survivability of NOMAP/ACNOMAP ideology. These include the view, shared by some neutral MAPs and allies, that while lacking in scientific merit, NOMAP ideology is one necessary part of a larger, credible movement. Older MAPs from predominantly pro-c communities such as BoyChat tend to be dismissive towards this argument, refusing to grant NOMAP ideology any strategic credibility.
- B4U-ACT - Is a service provider for Non-Offending MAPs. Their platform is NOMAP compatible, however the organization does not take an official anti-contact position.
- Virtuous Pedophiles - Is an explicitly ACNOMAP/Medicalist organization.
- Prostasia Foundation - Technically, this is a charity that provides services to MAPs and not a MAP organization.
- Preventionism - A few more organizations and initiatives
- Minor attracted community
- ↑ https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/NOMAP
- ↑ Sara Jahnke & Agustín Malón (2019) How pedophilic men think about adult-child sex: effects of child gender and physical maturity, Psychology, Crime & Law, 25:1, 90-107, DOI: 10.1080/1068316X.2018.1503665
- ↑ https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=US&q=NOMAP
- ↑ https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=NOMAP
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/justneckbeardthings/comments/8w2l42/just_a_gentle_reminder_that_this_is_a_thing_now/
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/g4xgmf/what_are_maps_and_nomaps_how_about_mappositivity/
- ↑ https://boychat.org/messages/1524550.htm
- ↑ https://boychat.org/messages/1524645.htm
- ↑ https://boychat.org/messages/1578924.htm
- ↑ MAP Wiki: Mapmedicalism
- ↑ Disorder? Orientation? That depends on why you're asking; Ethan Edwards, 22 May, 2019.