Latest: Dissident Dutch author A.H.J. Dautzenberg alleges serious malpractice on the part of Tim Ballard in his new exclusive: Gruesome Consequences of a Hysterical Witch Hunt, in which mistreatment of his friend Marthijn Uittenbogaard and his partner is also exposed. Both remain incarcerated in Ecuador on trumped-up charges. Legal process has recommenced (see updates).
The "Mature Minor Doctrine" is a civil concept and legal norm recognized as early as the 1960s, and practiced in some western countries (USA, Australia, Canada) that allows an unemancipated minor medical patient to choose or reject a particular health care treatment on the basis of their maturity. Sometimes this may happen without the knowledge or agreement of parents. The mature minor doctrine is sometimes connected with enforcing confidentiality of minor patients from their parents. One such demographic is the minority of trans youth who wish to undergo medical transition.
In some instances, governments have written guidance on how Mature Minors should be treated with respect to sexual activity they deem to be consensual, but which is not in law. In 2023, the United Nations entertained that such circumstances may exist with respect to unemancipated minors, regardless of whether or not they are deemed "mature" or otherwise.
- Newgon Organization - Advocates an official, but nonbinding position in which something similar to more relaxed Mature Minor Assessments are used for voluntarily emancipation of minors in a variety of capacities.
- Research: Cognitive ability - The modern basis for deeming, or not deeming a minor able to consent (if deemed to be of importance to the subject matter).
- Research: Teen pregnancy - Mainly outcomes-related information.
- Research: Youth sexuality
- Age of Consent
- Mature Minor - Includes in-depth history and legal background on a per-country basis.
- Emancipation of minors
- Gillick competence
- Mature Minors and Decision Making - Victoria, Australia.
- The Infants Act, Mature Minor Consent and Immunization - With respect to immunization in BC, Canada.
- The Mature Minor Rule - Seattle, US.
- Official Encyclopedia
- Terminology: Popular
- Terminology: Charity, NGO & "Professional"
- Law/Crime: American
- Law/Crime: Canadian
- Law/Crime: Australian
- History & Events: American
- History & Events: Australian
- History & Events: Canadian
- History & Events: 1960s
- Terminology: Legal & Law Enforcement