AttractedToChildren.org (ATC), formerly ANU (f. 2006) was a group website that aimed to improve academic and public understanding of paedophilia, the sexual attraction of adults and older adolescents to pre-pubescent children, advocating that paedophilia should be studied in an objective manner, without unnecessary influence from the political domain. Most of the administrators behind ATC were also active on Newgon.com.
The site focused more closely on the topic of pedophilic attractions and seeked not to problematise this issue with discussions of sexual contact between adults and minors.
History as per 2010
- "ATC was a multi-user blog founded at Blogspot in June 2006, as a parodical response to the vigilante site Absolute Zero United. ANU (as it was originally named) stood for “AbsolutelyNothingUnified,” which was a reference to the logic of the content hosted at anti-paedophile vigilante websites. After mocking vigilantes, we decided to start a serious campaign to counter their activities, however it became clear that this was merely encouraging them; they simply want to hurt paedophiles rather than protect children. The focus slowly shifted from anti-vigilante activities to pro-acceptance activities. By the end of 2006, we had 10 authors.
- In early 2007, following the removal of many pro-paedophile blogs from Blogspot, the administrators began to discuss options for alternative hosting. In March 2007, a member kindly offered to pay for hosting at [redacted, no longer a free speech provider], an excellent host who specialise in hosting controversial websites. We moved to this host on March 6th and now have more than 100 posts, as well as a large collection of articles and other information relevant to paedophiles and interested academics.
- In 2008, we moved to our own attractedtochildren.org domain and became ATC. A proposal to archive the blog, transfer the most important pages to a static portion and open a free blogging service is currently being worked on. In the meantime, readers are encouraged to comment on our archived posts, and visit our forum."
Taken from History of ATC, modified slightly in light of recent developments and closure of the blog.
As detailed in the article, ANU administrators and contributors BLueRibbon and Daniel Lievre (Llort) are thought to be the source of the much-used term "Minor Attracted Person", having used it multiple times in early 2007.
- Absolute Zero - The hate group that inspired the formation of ATC.
Administrators - present and past:
- BLueRibbon - Founded the group.
- Daniel Lievre